|Topics and areas of exploration will include:
· Self- and group-reflection on undoing racism in the context of immigrant rights solidarity
· The U.S. immigration system’s history of racial exclusion and how it plays out today
· The theology and practice of accompaniment
· Real life examples through case-studies
· Practical skills across three focus areas: ICE/Court Accompaniment, Congregational Sanctuary, and Immigration Detention/Prison Visitation
We encourage participants to join this interactive program as small groups working together locally. There will be homework in between sessions, and attendees are expected to participate in the full course. If you don’t have a team we will help match you with others, as well as connect you with partner groups seeking volunteers where possible. Register now.
If you have questions, please check out our FAQs and feel free to email Hannah Hafter, UUSC Senior Program Leader for Activism, at email@example.com for more information
“Changing Systems, Changing Ourselves” is a collaboration of AFSC’s “Sanctuary Everywhere” Campaign and Love Resists, with support from partners Church World Service and Freedom For Immigrants (Formerly CIVIC).